Information on:

Marsh's Free Museum

Marsh's Free Museum
409 South Pacific Avenue
360-642-2188

About Us:

Marsh's Free Museum was originally known as Marsh's Seashell Factory and Antiques from 1937 to 1952.

For the original founders of Marsh's Free Museum, it was moving to Washington and opening a candy shop and ice cream store. A few years later when the passenger liner Admiral Benson went aground in the fog near Cape Disappointment, the enterprising Wellington Marsh, Sr. sensed a business opportunity and hurriedly opened a temporary hamburger stand to feed the curious onlookers. It was a beginning that would have Marsh return to the Peninsula in 1935, after owning a tavern in Gray's River. Marsh's Free Museum was born.



Marsh's Free Museum is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media

Photos